Monday, March 25, 2013

Announcers Don't Pay Attention

Never was the announcers' lack of attention to the actual game more apparent than at the OSU-Iowa State game.  OSU's Scott excessively, blatantly trash-talked an Iowa State player.  The cameras followed him along his path as he meandered from in the face of the ISU player, to walking past the referee who T'ed him up.  How much of the drama did Nantz and Kellogg pick up on?

Zilch.

The two announcers were the last to realize, and report to the fans, what happened.  I'm not just saying they were the last in the stadium to figure it out.  They were the last in the world.  I could clearly see all of the action developing but Nantz continued reporting events that didn't happen and I started thinking I must be crazy or half blind.

But it turned out just the way I saw it, Scott trash talked and got a technical.

The entire role of the announcer is to report what they see, and especially what the fans can't see.  I don't know why Nantz and Kellogg are at games. They certainly aren't in attendance to do an announcer's job.

No comments:

Post a Comment